When buying from IDS you can be confident that you are trading in goods that are from legal, ethical and sustainable sources.100% of our wood based products are EUTR compliant and 80% are either FSC® or PEFC. We have held Chain of Custody since 2005 and offer certified FSC® or PEFC options across each of our main product areas, including flooring, worktops, panel products, wall panelling, laminates and compact. In addition, highly efficient route planning of all our vehicles keeps our carbon emissions as low as possible. We also recycle and bale cardboard, plastic and timber across all of our branches.
"Seeking to increase our positive impact on the environment"
To implement this policy SGBD UK & Ireland is committed to the following:
- To assign environmental responsibility throughout the Group:
- The Environmental Director is responsible for overall implementation.
- The Managing Directors of Group companies are responsible for each company’s environmental obligations and performance.
- Regional Directors and Area Directors are responsible for Regional and Area obligations and performance and for cascading implementation to Branch Managers.
- Branch Managers, Procurement Directors and Functional Heads are responsible for the management of environmental obligations and performance and for achieving progress against agreed targets.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring high standards of environmental care.
- To implement and operate a formal environmental management system. Our aspiration is to obtain ISO14001 certification for all Group activities.
- To set and monitor one or more of the following environmental objectives and targets:
- Waste minimisation
- Efficient use of energy
- Emissions to atmosphere and water
- Reduction in water consumption
- Noise emissions
- Liaise with our suppliers and our customers to promote the best possible environmental practice in the selection, use and distribution of the products and materials, which pass through our trading outlets.
- A communication plan will be formulated that ensures the policy is published and available. Open communication will be maintained on environmental issues both within and outside of the organisation.
- Awareness and responsibility training will be made available to all employees in environmental matters.
- Progress against specific objectives and targets will be reported on a regular basis and at least annually.
- The Environmental Policy will be reviewed at regular intervals and updated as required.
Environmental Policy Documents
- PEFC Certificate and Schedule.pdf (429 Kb)
- FSC Certificate and Schedule.pdf (437 Kb)
- SGBD Environmental Timber Policy 2017.pdf
- IDS Corporate Responsibility Brochure.pdf
- IDS Sustainability Leaflet.pdf